Friday, November 6, 2009

I know I'm obsessed...

But I'm just so furious!

Thought you'd find this interesting - I realized the following a little bit ago. (And to all the haters of French, it was because of my studies that I made this connection.)

I am finding intriguing similarities between the French Revolution and the current situation at MC. The Vendéens (we, the students) are rebelling against the Roman Catholic Church (Meredith College), who are imposing the Civil Constitution of the Clergy (effects and policies of Vision 2010). But unlike the Vendéens, we students will claim more victory. Vive la Révolution !!!!!


Keep in mind that the French people still won the revolution in the end - and there was indeed great change. The Reign of Terror ended.


Yet another delightful "Farewell, Queen Maureen?" You probably don't need an oracle or Magic 8 Ball to answer that question...

No comments:

Post a Comment